Free shipping & Returns on All Orders
HOW TO LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR MAVIS
Follow these instructions to enjoy your Mavi Jeans forever! The tumbling action causes shrinkage in cottons such as denim while heat breaks down fibers especially any added for stretch. Wash only when absolutely necessary - jeans are meant to be worn more than one or two times before washing. Some people believe in never washing denim.
1. Wash denim with like colors as darker washes may bleed into lighter items.
2. Always turn denim inside out to preserve color and finish.
3. Use a cold water, gentle cycle in the washing machine.
4. Use a gentle detergent such as Woollite. Bleach, spot cleaners and fabric softeners should never be used.
5. When machine is full, add jeans to the soap/water mixture and run a full cycle.
6. To dry, roll in a towel to remove excess water. Lay flat or hang to air dry.
7. If insisting on using a dryer, use a low heat cycle for as little time as possible.
The fabric composition can be found on the inside label of your jeans. You can expect to for 100% cotton denim to hold its shape and be more resilient. Denim with some stretch may shrink slightly the first time you wash it but this will decrease with each washing. Stretch fibers have the following abbreviations: ea (elastane/Spandex), eme (polyester), pes (polyester).
Dry cleaning your jeans is the most minimally invasive way of washing your jeans though it does use a lot of chemicals. Use this option if you’d like to maintain the look of your jeans as they are now.